Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I Should've Been a Cowgirl

I'm trying so hard to stay on course and work on UFOs--really I am--but I keep getting the urge to start something new, and my western fabrics are calling to me! Looking back over the quilts I've made for Project Linus in the last few years, I have to conclude that I should have been a cowgirl! I just love western clothes, symbols, folklore, etc. I have a bin full of western fabrics. Who would've thought that a girl from Missouri who has only been on a horse one time would be so crazy about western stuff?


I sent the quilt at the left to Kalispell, Montana, to the PL Coordinator there, who is a member of the Quilting Passion Forum.

The quilt at the right was made using a donated salesman's sample for the center panel and scraps for the appliqued symbols around it.




5 comments:

Debi said...

Wonderful quilts Sheryl, and your deciation to PL is inspiring. I always enjoy your applique work. When I grow up, I want to be able to applique as wonderfully as you.

Jan said...

Sheryl--your applique is simply the best! Way to go cowgirl!!!!!

Sheryl said...

Thank you, ladies! I appreciate the positive feedback. Debi, I hope you never have to grow up and someday I can finish a big machine-pieced quilt like you and Jan do! Jan, I wish I could come to Texas and that you and Debi could help me buy some more western fabric!!

Debi said...

Well, come on down. We would love to have you. We have a ton of western fabric down in these parts, lol. Too bad you can't make this Saturday, I would put you into our challenge as well!!!!

Sheryl said...

I want to hear about that challenge! I am working on Kimberly's autumn challenge on Quilting Passion. That fabric is a doozy. Challenges are fun, though. If someone doesn't want to participate, maybe I could fill in.