Friday, October 26, 2007

New Challenge for Me--"Away in a Manger"



I have a new challenge to start on, and I'm psyched! Today was my day to volunteer at St. John's Mercy Medical Center, and while I was there, I met with the chaplain for the Pediatrics and Neonatal Intensive Care Units. She was hoping to decorate the NICU hallway for Christmas with the theme, "Away in a Manger". She was given my name by the woman who distributes my Project Linus quilts in Pediatrics. By the end of our meeting, it was decided that I would make a 34" x 40" wall hanging based on the applique patterns in the book, "Adoration Quilts". I won't be making the entire quilt as shown on the cover of the book but will use the Madonna and Baby Jesus, the angel, and several of the animals. I am on a very tight deadline, so I am starting tonight! I'll post pics as I progress.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Sheryl, that will be one beautiful quilt!! Will love to see your progress as you go!

Myra said...

Sheryl, I was just looking at that book today at Joanns! I can't wait to see it in your beautiful applique.

Debi said...

Wow, that is really pretty. If anyone can applique it beautifully, it would be you. I can't wait to see the updated blocks.

Sheryl said...

I appreciate the encouragement from all of you! I am eager to make it the best I can but am a bit nervous about it. One thing I am struggling with a little bit is determining the skin tones for the angel, Madonna, and Baby Jesus. The hospital serves a diverse population, and I want the quilt to appeal to everyone.

Karen said...

I bought this book last year and still haven't made anything from it. Maybe next year I'll tackle it. Enjoy making yours!