Monday, July 7, 2008

It's an Applique Day


I continue to be delighted by the free block of the month designed by Susan Guzman. She even sends you an email when the new pattern is ready! I'm having a lot of fun using my dotted fabrics. I have one terrific fabric that provides several different sized dots. It has dots printed inside other dots! For instance, in the small picture of block 6, the center square is cut from this fabric, as well as the blue circles and the "flower" circles. Great stuff!

The second picture shows the January through June blocks. There will be 6 more, and she says she's designing a center medallion and scalloped border, too, that we can buy. I may be so sick of appliqueing circles that I decide to call it quits with the 12 blocks!








4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Sheryl, your blocks are so pretty! I love your color choices and your work is excellent. I have the patterns, but still haven't begun.

Debi said...

Gorgeous blocks Sheryl, the colorls are so bright and cheery. I love your applique.

Jan said...

Your applique blocks are so beautiful! I love the colors you have chosen!

Brenda said...

I had to take another look; they are beautiful. I love applique and the designs people come up with to make them so enchanting and unique. Great job.