Saturday, July 12, 2008

Another Guzman Applique Block


Here's block 7 from Susan Guzman's BOM. (I am determined to finish this one, since I fizzled out on the last two BOMs I started!) I decided to incorporate some of my black dot print, since I realized from the picture of the first six blocks that I had only used black in one block. I'll be using it again in the next 3 or 4 blocks so it'll be distributed throughout the quilt and I'll have the option of using black in the sashing. This quilt is going to need a calming influence!
It's gotten really hot here, darn it, and even in the air-conditioned house I only want to work on applique now. Quilting or binding sounds suffocating! The one thing that will get me going, though, is working on the baby quilt for our new granddaughter #2! She is due to be born in the next week. I can hardly wait to meet her.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Your new block is magnificent! Looking forward to seeing the whole quilt. It is hot here also in Southern Oregon, I have been spending a lot of time inside.

Debi said...

Antother beautiful block, you are awesome.

Sweet P said...

Oooooo . . . I like that block!

Andrea said...

Lovely, lovely applique. This quilt is going to be fab. Cold and wet here in Wales- don't know what happened to our summer - lol !