Monday, June 30, 2008

Little Dresses are for Twirling!

Garment sewing is just not my thing! I made my clothes for years, and the results never truly satisfied me. (Maybe it's the fact that my short body doesn't look like the drawings on the pattern envelopes!) Since I caught the quilting bug (and my case is terminal), I haven't made any garments at all.

But....God blessed me with a beautiful granddaughter who is now 2 years 4 months old. Her little sister will be born in the next few weeks. Nothing else could lure me back into garment sewing than little granddaughters!

I bought this fabric and pattern a couple of months ago, and they sat on my cutting table all that time. I became the queen of procrastination! However, when we had a request to babysit last Friday, I knew that would be my impetus to "git 'er done"! I finished the dress Thursday night, and she was twirling in it on Friday morning! What girl doesn't want to hear that she looks pretty? We loved hearing her talk about her "pwetty dwess".





3 comments:

Gina said...

And she's so cute in it. I made loads of Gemma's dresses when she was younger. I don't bother so much now either.

LOve and hugs Gina xx

Jan said...

So sweet!

Debi said...

What a cute dress, and Avery is such a doll. I know she loved it, especially since it was from grandma.