Saturday, March 29, 2008

Quilt Show Loot

It's not a big haul, but I'm happy. I went to the Bits 'n Pieces Guild's show today at Queeny Park in St. Louis County. It was a really good show this year, and they had almost all the vendors I wanted to see. (Last year That Thread Shop was there, and I got Aurifil thread, but they weren't there today.) I was invited to attend the next guild meeting, and I think I will probably go. As much as I love my internet buddies, I need some local quiting friends, too.

One of the features of the show was a group of quilts all made from the same pattern, one I bought in Dallas. It's called "Enchanted Autumn", and seeing those quilts inspired me to think about actually making that pattern. LOL

I had been thinking about the Nancy Halvorsen book and was happy to get it at a discount today. I'd like to do the Hearts Entwined table runner and maybe the tote bag. It's darling but really huge (22 x 18 x 10!) I got the bag pattern, "My Mom and Me" by This & That, two yellow fat quarters at only $1.25 apiece, quilt labels, and a cute stencil of a star and smiling crescent moon.

On a side note, I saw a personality test on Debi's blog and decided to take the test myself. The results are posted way down at the bottom of my blog. I'm a Type B+, they say. Debi is a Type A. I guess that makes me a lot like Debi, only with a lower energy level! I wish she could give me a transfusion!!

4 comments:

Myra said...

Lucky you going to a quilt show today. Looks like you got some neat stuff and that heart tablerunner is very pretty, will be waiting to see yours. :o)

Debi said...

You really made out, wanna see the the bag upclose. I think I am going to purchase the Miranda Day Bag like Myras. I picked up a few things today at the quilt show, a few odds and ends. I wish I could be more laid back like you...can you give me a transfusion?

Sheryl said...

I wish I could trade some "laid back" qualities for some of your energy, Debi. We all want to be a little different, don't we? LOL

Myra, after looking at the directions for the heart tablerunner, I think it may be awhile!

Jan said...

So glad you could go to the quilt show Sheryl, looks like you did well!! I'm going to take the test, too and I'll let you know what it says!!!