Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lots of Sewing, Not Much Blogging


Lots of sewing going on here--obviously not much blogging! I got sick of looking at piles in my sewing room and decided to put my head down and finish some stuff!


Here's a set of spiral flower blocks that I hand appliqued. I wish I could credit someone for the pattern, but I've used it many times and the templates are in the bag with all of my other frequently-used templates. I have no specific plans for these blocks--just wanted to make them! I have a drawer full of blocks like that. :>( Those that know me will remember that I like to applique much more than I like to piece!


Here's another Bob the Builder quilt for Project Linus. It's the third I have made from fabrics given to me by Barb V. on the Quilting Passion Forum. I've always had a thing for Bob, and I think it's because he reminds me of my DH! I hope little boys still like Bob!


The plaid brick quilt that I started a couple of months ago is in the dryer and will go to its deserving recipient tomorrow when DD goes to her volunteer job. (Her job coach is the recipient.)


My generous friend, Debi, is celebrating her birthday by posting a giveaway on her blog, Quilting with Debi. Post a comment on her blog to register!


3 comments:

Debi said...

Your roses are so pretty, did I tell you I love roses??? Bob the Builder is so cute, any little boy would love it.

Jan said...

Bob the Builder is great, some little boy will love him!! Your flowers are so cute! What a bouquet!

Jeanne said...

I love those spiral flower blocks! Great color choices for the flowers and background. Bob the Builder is really a cute quilt, too.