Monday, February 4, 2008

Another SuzGuz Block



During the Super Bowl last night I finished Block 2 of the new BOM series by Susan Guzman. She emails the pattern on the first of the month to those who have signed up, and I was hanging around the computer waiting for this one. I love hearts and am quite captivated by her designs. Who knows what I'll do with the finished quilt--but that isn't the point, is it? LOL

There are lots of projects in progress in my sewing room:

1. Pinewood Derby by Fat Cat Patterns;
2. Row 2 of Debi's Roosting Round Robin Mystery;
3. Plaid Brick Quilt (I'm cutting my plaid stash into 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" pieces and sewing them into rows, offsetting them like subway tile);
4. A barn raising-style quilt using HSTs made with black and brights--needs a border;
5. Three Project Linus tops that need quilting;
6. Many UFOs in their own zipper bags that I am trying not to think about!

The kitchen project is coming along nicely, although everything stays very dirty and messy for the time being. I try to keep it cleaned up, but it is futile! Yesterday I got to paint dowel rods, which is not real easy. Why is it that my hand goes numb while painting, but it isn't so bad while I'm sewing???





7 comments:

Debi said...

What a great block, your fabric choices "rock".

Sheryl said...

Thanks, Debi! It's nice to hear that I can still rock something! LOL

Rose Marie said...

That's a beautiful block for Feb. Looks like you are having fun with those BOM.

Jan said...

Your block is so nice---your hand goes numb while painting because it would rather be quilting!!!!!

Sheryl said...

Thank you, Rose Marie and Jan. Yes, I am having fun with these blocks and my hand is much happier quilting!

Rose Marie said...

I was so intrigued with your blocks, that I've signed onto the BOM. Thank you for sharing this site.

Sheryl said...

Terrific! I'm glad I got you hooked. I'll be watching your blog for the blocks.