No pictures today--I've been working very hard for a week on a challenge quilt that I can't show until after the deadline and voting. It's sponsored by Kimberly on Quilting Passion Forum. I like the way it's turning out, but I'm ready for it to be finished. I should be ready to bind it tonight.
For the past couple of days I have been going through my older fabrics (I became a fabriholic in the early 80s) and cutting the smaller pieces into 2 1/2" strips. I'm also cutting a strip from all of the bigger pieces. I started with the browns and today moved on to the greens. Quite of few of them have leaf prints, including some fall leaves, and some have pine trees or pine cones. I've decided to include ivories and light tans and make a "controlled palette" scrap quilt--kind of a woodsy theme. I think I will sew braids six inches wide and separate them by 3-4" strips. While I've been cutting, I've also been marking and cutting an apple core shape from each fabric for a hand-pieced charm quilt. I haven't done any hand piecing for so long that I marked the first 30 or 40 on the right side of the fabric, like I would do an applique shape! Duh!
I would like to say that my fabric bins have gone down a lot, but there is still a lot in them!