Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Back in Action

It felt good to be back at my volunteer job at the hospital today and to deliver a quilt for Project Linus.  The Child Life employee said she had a teenage girl in mind for it already.  She just had surgery and will probably be hospitalized through Christmas.   It's probably already on her bed.  Things just work out!

This quilt top was made totally of scraps.  All I had to buy was the backing.  The levels in my bright fabric bins have really gone down!  Now here's my dilemma--should I work them all the way down making scrap quilts or go shopping to replenish them?

4 comments:

Debi said...

Very bright and pretty. I am sure the teen girl will love it especially since she will be in the hospital over Christmas.

Gari in AL said...

Oh, you really do have a problem, don't you? Of course, I would say, do both. Buy some more, make more quilts (and scraps) and then make something more with the scraps. That way everybody wins. ;-)

Jan said...

Very nice quilt---just the thing for a teen-ager! What a problem to shop or not to shop-that is the question? Shop, of course!!!!

Lynn W. said...

I'd say that is a perfect teenage girl quilt. Your supply is getting low? Then you MUST shop. Just be sure it's not a stormy or icy day since you want to get out and back safely.