Saturday, August 21, 2010

Quilts for Beautiful Granddaughters

On Monday I will spend the night with my darling granddaughters, ages 4 1/2 and 2, and I will be giving them their new quilts.  I've had them ready for several months but was saving them for cooler weather.  However, the older DGD called and asked for hers, knowing that I had been working on it!  That made me feel so great that I'll be delivering their nice, warm quilts in 95-degree weather!

First is the two-year-old's quilt, full of hearts and little rag dolls.  Each doll has a different embroidered facial expression, from extremely happy to mad as @#$%.  This little doll loves to play with dolls and has a very nurturing way about her.  I hope she likes her dolly "banky".


This next quilt is for Miss Four-Going-on-Sixteen.  She chose a big fat quarter pack for me last Christmas.  After a little editing and adding some more fabrics (had to shop--darn), I made this daisy quilt for her.  I was lucky to find one of the prints for the backing, too, as well as finding my favorite Fossil Fern for the flower petals.



Monday night I might have to turn down the AC and tuck my DGDs in with their new quilts!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your ragdolls quilt and the quilting is so neat.
Lovely
Gina

Lynn W. said...

Oh, those 2 DGD are going to absolutely love their new quilts. You're such a good Grandma!

Debi said...

YOur quilts are gorgeous and I know the grands are going to love them. So glad you get to spend some quality time with them. I get to see mine again 9/3 - 9/6 while they are still in AZ.

Peggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peggy said...

Both of the quilts are beautiful Sheryl...

Jan said...

WOnderful quilts for wonderful granddaughters! I know you will have fun tucking them in under their special quilts!