Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Finished SuzGuz block 8


Here's my block 8 from the Susan Guzman series. I'm not crazy about this one--can't quite figure out why! Somehow it looks like an inkblot test to me. Whatever! It'll go in the quilt with the prettier ones.
My hands have been busy here making gifts. I'm also working on a seaside themed quilt for Project Linus.
There's a little bit of fall in the air here, which always invigorates me. I guess I worked in the public schools and then the university for so long that my inner calendar kicks into overdrive at the beginning of the school year. Just hearing the school buses running gets me keyed up!

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Probably once you get it in the quilt with the other blocks it will look better to you. I think it is a cute block - but it does need a border of sashing or some other blocks to kind of frame it in.

Brenda said...

I think your block is quite brilliant! The arrangement draws my eyes to the center and then back for another look. Great job!

Debi said...

Very pretty Sheryl, you blocks are also so lovely and great fabrics.

Jan said...

Your block is very pretty--love your fabrics!! I know what you mean about fall--I love fall--it's cooler here with rain, but wish the humidity would go down!

Rose Marie said...

You are doing great with your blocks .... I have yet to start any of mine.

Jeanne said...

I have all of the blocks but haven't started the applique. Yours are so great!