Monday, December 10, 2007

Long Time, No Blog

Oops! I almost forgot I had a blog! First I was busy getting ready to go to Dallas, then I was in Dallas, and then I was catching up from going to Dallas! I had the adventure of flying down to Big D to meet quilting friends from all over that I had met through the Quilting Passion Forum. I was warmly welcomed by the DFW Gang, especially Debi who met us at the airport, drove us safely all over the DFW area, and stayed with me in the motel. Thanks again, Debi, for making this weekend so enjoyable for me.

We visited five fabulous quilt shops, saw the Mustangs sculpture in Irving, and enjoyed an all-day "sew in" at yet another shop. I bought some wonderful fabric and patterns, which made my bag weigh about a ton! Best of all, I got to meet these great people in person. It was very memorable and just the lift I needed.

During the big "sew in", I demonstrated the applique method I use, which I learned from the wonderful teacher, Nancy Pearson. Six of us worked together to make the heart blocks for this quilt top, which Debi will quilt and bind and donated to Project Linus in North Texas. I call it "Warm Texas Hearts".

Now I am back home in St. Louis, which is coated with ice, and more is on the way. It's a good time to dig into that new fabric!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Sheryl--the quilt is wonderful and the title fits perfectly! I'm so glad we got to meet in person!

Debi said...

Beautiful quilt if I say so myself! lol. I can wait to get my hands on it...I have a heart pantograph just waiting for it.

Sheryl said...

Thanks, ladies! Debi, I mailed the top yesterday (Tuesday).