Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Little Quilt for a Patriot

Here's the next doll quilt I've made in the series of swaps on the Quilting Bee Forum.  This month the theme was hearts.  I worked a few hearts into this quilt because I wanted to be able to make it for Lynn W., a true patriot.  (I had been waiting to be assigned her name for months!)

Lynn is very commited to making quilts for Quilts of Valor and has made some beauties.  She participates in a QOV group in California.  She also makes small quilts for newborn babies in a California naval hospital.  Add to that--her husband is a veteran and her grandson is in active service.  Lynn deserved a patriotic quilt!

(If you look at the message below, you'll see what inspired the center block of this little quilt--Sandy Gervais' panel design.)

2 comments:

Debi said...

Beautiful Sheryl, love this little quilt.

Jan said...

Love your little quilt! And I like the big one too in your last post!